Many homeowners dream of spending a relaxing afternoon by their pool and reading their favorite books. However, maintaining a pool is a time-consuming task. There are also repairs to be done.
Pool Remodeling Tips
Remodeling your pool or Pool renovations Sydney can be done for many reasons. Some homeowners choose to add new features to their pool to make it more fun for their families. Others make improvements to increase the home’s value. No matter what your motivation, let’s get down to it. Here are some reasons to remodel your pool and the simple upgrades you can make to maximize your investment.
Five Reasons You Should Remodel A Pool
- Every pool will need to be renovated at some point. These are signs that it is time to remodel or makeover your swimming pool.
- A leak is occurring in your pool. Leakage could be indicated by a drop in water level that isn’t due to evaporation.
- The mechanical systems of the pool and spa are getting older.
- Safety features must be included. Is your pool accessible to everyone? Consider adding safety features such as ladders and railings to make it easier for them to get in and out. If you have children younger than 10, it is worth installing a fence around the pool to ensure that they do not enter the pool.
- Surfaces and fixtures that are worn out. Over time, tiles, decking, and lighting can wear. These are important features to maintain in order to maximize your return on investment.
Five Pool Makeover Tips That Won’T Break The Bank
If you are planning to live in your home for the long term, and want to take full advantage of your pool, a complete pool renovation will be a great investment of time and money. Based on decades of experience in maintaining, cleaning, and repairing swimming pools, here are some suggestions for a small makeover. These are our top tips for pool remodeling:
Replastering and Resurfacing
If you have the funds to remodel your pool, replastering or resurfacing it is an option. Replastering or resurfacing can improve the appearance of your pool and also replace a damaged or uneven surface. An older pool might have a basic plaster finish. If you are looking to upgrade, it may be worth updating to one of the many popular aggregate finishes.
Consider upgrading to LED lighting for pools that have floodlights or basic lighting. LED lighting is less energy-intensive than traditional options, just like in your home. A low-cost method to transform a pool into a paradise is lighting. Many homeowners install LED lights in a variety of colors under the water and around the pool.
More Energy-Efficient Equipment
It may be cheaper to run and more efficient than new technology when you upgrade your pool. Variable speed pool pumps use less electricity and could qualify for energy rebates from your utility company. Solar-powered options (e.g. Lights and heaters can be used as well as energy-efficient filters.
Upgrading to Automation System
The pool also gets a few new gadgets as technology advances, improving our homes. Many of these gadgets can be retrofitted to older pools. A robotic cleaner, automatic pool cover, or an all-in-one pool automation system that can be operated via your smartphone might be options.